Today, 6th February 2022, 92-year-old Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar passed away. She tested Covid positive and was admitted to Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai on January 8. During the treatment, she showed some signs of recovery but in the end, it was not possible for her to recover and India lost the Queen of Melody Lata Mangeskar.
She has been battling illness for 29 days at Mumbai’s Breach Candy Hospital, but eventually, Saraswati of Music Lata Mangeshkar was forced to leave the world. She died at Shivaji Park in Mumbai at 8:12 a.m. on February 6th February 2022 and her death has left a huge void in the Indian music industry and a shadow of mourning across the country.
In such a situation, it is not possible for all of us to pay homage to her body directly with flowers. So today we will try to know a little bit about this great personality by knowing some rare and interesting facts about this great iconic vocalist. So that we can pass on this legend to the next generation and inspire future generations.
15 Rare & Interesting Facts about Lata Mangeshkar
We all know a lot about Lataji. Similarly, there are many unknown things about Lataji that are not known to many of us. The list goes on and on. So we will discuss here only the interesting and necessary unknown facts that we all need to know.
- Lata Mangeshkar’s original name is Hema. The name Lata is chosen on the basis of the character Latika from her father’s play Bhaawbandhan.
- Lataji first sang Raag Khambavati and two Marathi songs publicly in 1938 at the Natun Theater in Solapur.
- Lataji’s first playback song was for Kitti Hasan in 1942 but Lataji’s father Dinonath Mangeshkar did not like singing in the movie, so the song sung at night was dropped from the movie.
- Lataji’s first income is 25 rupees which she earned through a stage performance
- Also Read: ibomma Telugu Movies Download Free & Watch Online
- Lataji said in an interview that his godfather was Ghulan Haider who relied on her talent and encouraged her to move towards.
- Lataji only went to school for one day and on the first day of school, she started playing music with his sister Asha Bhonsle and other students. Seeing this, the teachers did not like it and they scolded Lataji a lot ,Lataji left the school, and later Lataji did not go back to school.
- Also Read: HdHub4u.Com- Download Free Bollywood, Hollywood, Hindi Dubbed Movies.
- Lata Mangeshkar loved to eat spicy food and chili. She ate twelve chilies in one day. She thinks that by eating more chili, the voice becomes beautiful and melodious.
- When she sang Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo for the Indian Soldiers who died during the Sino-Indian war in 1962, tears welled up in the eyes of Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. And the song was released on 26 January 1963.
- In 1974, she set the Guinness World Record as the musician who sang the most songs.
- After M A Subbulakshmi, Lata Mangeshkar is the only playback singer honored by Bharat Ratna.
- According to reports, Lata Mangeshkar has sung over 50,000 songs in a total of 14 languages.
- Lataji is a cricket-loving woman, she loves to watch cricket, a seat is always reserved for her at Lords Cricket Stadium.
- The Voice of India Lata Mangeshkar is the first child of her parents. She was born in 1929 and has four siblings, the names are Meena, Asha Bhosle, Usha and Hridaynath.
- Her father name is Dinanath Mangeshkar, he was an actor in theatre and a classical singer. Dinanath Ji exposed her to the art of music at a tender age.
- As her singing talent is known to everyone, but Lata also acted in one of the plays of her father at five-year-old.
In this article, we have discussed 15 rare and interesting facts about Lata Mangeshkar and besides the facts, there are many more interesting facts about Lata Mangeshkar. If you know of any of these, please let us know in the comments and we will upload them.
- What is the salary of Lata Mangeshkar?
Net Worth of Lata Mangeshkar: 111 Crore INR
Salary: 6 Crore +
Monthly Income: 40 Lakhs +
- What is the Date of birth of Lata Mangeshkar?
Date of Birth: September 28, 1929
- Did Lata Mangeshkar get married?
Lata Mangeshkar, who is known as the Nightingale of India, passed away on 6th February 2022 at 8:32 a.m. The Voice of India Lata Mangeshkar never got married.
- How old is Lata Mangeshkar?
92 years (28 September 1929 to 6th February 2022)